Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gran Torino and "Freeze Your Buns" Fun Run

Last night Deric and I checked out the local movie theatre for a date night. We were hoping to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," but it wasn't showing anymore. Instead, we chose "Gran Torino," and it ended up being really good. There's a lot of bad language, but it's a very good story and Clint Eastwood was amazing. I cried.

This morning we got up early and headed to the golf course for the 1st annual "Freeze your Buns" 5k fun run. It was beautiful weather: sunny and in the high 30's, so it was more like the "chill your buns" fun run. :) Deric was really excited to race again, but I was pretty nervous. The last time I ran 5k was in 6th grade, and I really don't like to run too much. My goal was simply to finish the race, preferably in under an hour. :) There were about 50 people that participated and it was a great trail on the dirt paths of the golf course, so full of trees and scenic views. Deric finished second in his age bracket (he got a water bottle as a prize), and I came in three minutes after him. I think I was third in my age bracket. Granted, there weren't many people in our age brackets. :) But anyway, we walked proud of ourselves, more inspired to work out, and it was indeed a fun run.

No comments: