Friday, April 3, 2009

Rebecca heading to Nicaragua!

I (Rebecca) am leaving for a week-long trip to Nicaragua this afternoon and would love your prayers for our trip! This opportunity opened up for me about 4 weeks ago at a staff meeting when fellow part-time pastor, Greg, suggested I go because he knows my heart for missions and kids. He goes down to Nicaragua several times a year because his non-profit missions organization supports an orphanage down there in a town about one hour away from Managua. We will be a team of ten (eight adults and two kids) and our primary purpose is to build relationships with the orphanage's children and workers.  We have a list of goals for the week, but we're planning on kind of "going with the flow." :)

Those of you who know me, know that I absolutely LOVE international travel, especially when it's missions-oriented.  
It is probably the most energizing activity for me,  and it always renews my passion for the Lord and ministry. I hope and pray that this trip is no different!   And since I haven't been overseas since 2006, I feel long overdue.  Needless to say, I'm so excited and see this as a huge gift from God, although it will be weird to go without Deric and be separated for a week (he'll be busy preparing for the Good Friday and Easter sunrise services!). 
Please join me in praising Him for this opportunity and praying for the trip and our team.  Thanks, and you can expect LOTS of photos once I'm back! :)

No comments: